AndTradition Blown SW3 Pendant
More about this product ↓
Blown SW3 Pendant by Samuel Wilkinson for &Tradition Copenhagen
A mouth-blown glass pendant light with a quilted pattern, Blown SW3 comes in two versions: a translucent variant with a Silver Lustre or sandblasted Opal White. Blown was conceived as an exploration of the reflections, distortions, and refractions of a light source when surrounded by patterned glass.
Wilkinson explains the wide range of inspirations he looked to when developing Blown: "Like with any project, you start with an idea and then you start to look at the world through a sort of filter. I've looked at antique ceramics, old glass pieces, lenses from very old lamps, lighthouses, and even a mirrored bottle just to see the way the light comes off of it." Wilkinson sought inspiration in seeds and berries - particularly raspberries - for the quilted texture of the glass.
Blown makes a statement as a stand-alone item, but works equally as well in clusters or succession. The two versions cater to a range of interiors, with the sandblasted white variant providing a subtle, sophisticated glow, while the translucent version transform the space it inhabits with intricate textures and patterning.
Designer: Samuel Wilkinson, 2013
Manufacturer: & Tradition
Dimensions: 11"diameter | 11"h
- Silver lustre or opal white mouth-blown glass
- 13ft (4 meter) fabric cord, powder coated metal suspension.
- Glass texture rendered computer-aided design in order to control the the inflation of each bubble precisely. In production, the glass is fixed-blown into a mold and handcrafted by skilled craftsmen.
- Suspension system is made from powder coated cast metal and is fitted with a safety wire which holds the weight of the pendant. The wire also serves as a balancing point to ensure the pendant can always be hung level.
- Max 100W, 25W CFL.
- Available in a standard CE Certified (non-UL) model or optional UL-Listed.