Gubi Cobra Floor Lamp
Cobra Floor Lamp by Greta Grossman for Gubi
One of the most iconic designs by Greta Grossman, the Cobra lamp was originally designed in the 1950's and takes its name from the oval shade, which is reminiscent of a cobra's neck (hood). Due to its groundbreaking design, the Cobra Table Lamp won the Good Design Award in the same decade and was subsequently exhibited at the Good Design Show at the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) in New York.
The Cobra Table Lamp is a classic and yet a unique lamp that with its tubular, flexible arm can be bent in all directions, allowing the shade to be rotated 360°. This creates a wide range of lighting options for either the work desk or a soft light in the living room.
Designer: Greta Grossman, 1950
Dimensions: 46.6"h | 10.6"Ø lamp stand dia. | 13.5"h | shade height: 3" | shade depth: 11.4"/6.5"
- Tubular flexible arm can be bent in all directions
- Shade can be rotated 360°
- Base is powder-coated steel and weighted with cast iron
- Switch on the cord
- Cable length: 132.3" (89" exposed)
- Black fabric cord with Vintage Red, Anthracite Grey, Blue Grey, and Jet Black
- White fabric cord with Warm Grey
- Recommended Max Wattages: 40W incandescent (not included)
- UL Listed