Series 7 Chair in Colors | Arne Jacobsen
Series 7 Chair in Colors by Danish Artist Tal R
When Fritz Hansen invited world renowned Danish artist Tal R to imagine a new series of colors for the classic Series 7 chair, he accepted without hesitation. Each color has its own story:
- Chevalier Orange is an oriental orange with an aristocratic aura, the most exclusive color in the spectrum.
- Evren Purple is named for artist Evren Tekinoktay, Tal R's wife, as an expression of passion and love.
- Hüzün Green is inspired by the Turkish word for wistful, and is a dreamy color of green used in Islamic culture with hints of nostalgia and longing.
- Alstadt Rose is one of Tal R's signature colors, expressing both vanity and overwhelming beauty.
- Ai Blue is a Japanese indigo blue that verges on black.
- Chocolate Milk brown is a seductive color that is a warm embrace for the eyes, and a companion color to Alstadt Rose.
- Egyptian Yellow is a rich, saturated yellow referencing ancient Egypt.
- Opium Red is a decadent expression of Eastern mystique associated with 1930s Shanghai.
- Trieste Blue is a an indefinable blue used by artists and impressionists for decades, named for the port in north-east Italy.
- Nine Grey is a chic silver grey created from mixing all 9 Tal R colors.
For each color, select either colored ash, which allows you to see the woodgrain beneath the color, or lacquered, which has a sleek and smooth appearance with no visible wood grain.
Designer: Arne Jacobsen, 1955
Manufacturer: Fritz Hansen
Dimensions: 20"w | 20.5"d | 31.7"H | 18.3" seat
- Seat made of nine layers of pressure-molded veneer, representing the culmination of lamination technique.
- Waterfall seat edge conforms to leg contours and adds comfort.
- Legs are chromed steel.
Contact us, we'd love to assist with your order.