Caned Cesca Stools by Marcel Breuer for Knoll
Marcel Breuer married traditional craftsmanship with industrial methods and materials to help make tubular steel furniture an international sensation and a modern institution. The cantilevered form exploits the possibilities unique to the material and gives the Cesca Stool added flexibility and comfort.
In honor of the 100th anniversary of the Bauhaus, Knoll took the Cesca Chair to new heights—specifically bar and counter height.
Designer: Marcel Breuer, 1928
Counter Stool: 18.1"w | 23.6"d | 38"h | 25"h seat
Barstool: 18.1"w | 23.6"d | 42"h | 29"h seat
- Cane inserts are handwoven
- For canes seat and back, Beech frame is available in either a clear natural lacquered finish or a matte ebonized finish
- Seat, back, and arms are available fully upholstered in a wide variety of Knoll Textiles and Spinneybeck Leathers
- Frame is 1" diameter chrome-plated round steel tube with polished finish
- Plastic glides snap into base to protect floors
- The KnollStudio logo and signature of Macel Breuer are stamped into the base of the chair
- Estimated delivery with 6-8 weeks