Knoll Newson Aluminum Chair
Newson Aluminum Chair by Mark Newson for Knoll
Honoring the cantilevered chairs of Ludwig Mies van der Rohe, the Newson Aluminum Chair, 90 years later, is a forward-looking expression that synthesizes simplicity, material, and precision in the Modernist tradition.
Benjamin Pardo, Knoll's Design Director, explains: “Newson’s Aluminum Chair really pays tribute to Mies’s Tugendhat Chair, employing a similar reverse cantilever. This reverse cantilever evokes a visual weightlessness and renders an incredibly simple profile, where the seat floats effortlessly and is joined to the back via the legs of the chair. We wanted to reimagine the tubular steel construction revolutionized at the Bauhaus–which is transitively tied to Knoll–with Newson’s unique ability to imagine organic, almost futuristic shapes."
Since its introduction in the Spring of 2018, the Newson Aluminum Chair has won the #MetropolisLikes award at NYCxDesign, and the Interior Design magazine HiP award at NeoCon.
Designer: Mark Newson, 2018
Dimensions: 22.5"w | 23.75"d | 33"h | 18"h seat
- Mesh seat and back knitted using two components: polyester yarn, which adds color and a soft hand, and thermoplastic elastomer, which provides the structural element
- Back mesh is held in place with fiberglass-reinforced nylon insert with medium grey or black finish
- Frame is die-cast aluminum
- Nylon glides
- Stackable up to four high
- Sustainably designed, GREENGUARD® Certified for indoor air quality
Contact us, we'd love to assist with your order.