Saarinen Medium Womb Chair
Saarinen designed the groundbreaking Womb Chair at Florence Knoll's request for a chair that was like a basket full of pillows, "something she could really curl up in." The design supports any position and gives a comforting sense of security hence the name. This 85% scaled version is perfect for a smaller space or person.
Designer: Eero Saarinen, 1948
Dimensions: 35"w | 31"d | 31.25"h | 15" seat height
- Seat shell is made of molded fiberglass
- Base is tubular steel with polished chrome or black powdercoat
- Sustainably designed, GREENGUARD indoor air quality certified
- Upholstery is customizable in a wide range of Knoll Textiles and Spinneybeck Leathers
- Split upholstery and leather options
Contact us, we'd love to assist you with custom options.